Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

School or Baby?

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:School or Baby?
I have been reading stories on here about how girls say they could not bring up a baby and in the end they gave birth and everything was fine and nothing they expected.
I think that ANYONE can bring up a baby no matter what.

I hope you make the right choice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by Tash_nd_jake
Tash_nd_jake replied the topic: Re:School or Baby?
I'm on a bit of a different page then you but i think I can relate and maybe this will help you.

I got pregnant pretty much the day i turned 16. I was so scared. How would my parents react?? and the father?? how can i bring up a baby at such a young age?? and what about school???

My son is 20months old now and thanks to the help of my parents i was able to stay in school I graduated from high school about a year after my sons birth and same goes for the father of my son he is a year older then me so he graduated pretty much by the time our son was born.

You could take a gap year out of collage and then as soon as the baby is old enough you could send him to daycare while you are in collage.

As far as abortion goes I'm completely against it!! really i cant stand the image of a baby being killed and to just think of my son it makes me feel sick, i don't know how i could ever live with myself knowing that I was the reason a baby was killed. Remember there is always adoption..?

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by Mommy_2_kylie
Mommy_2_kylie replied the topic: Re:School or Baby?
OK It is so doable hun. I got pregnant when I was 15. I just finished high school a semester earlier than anyone else in my class. I start MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University) this fall to become an RN. I will be supporting myself with scholarship Gov't assistance (WIC and Food stamps) I may pick up a small job just to help ends meet better. But I tell you from someone who is doing it all right now with a 2 year old on her hip go for it hun you do not have to give up one to have the other, this time you can have your cake and eat it to, I did.

• maeghanalyson
10 years 6 months ago #4 by maeghanalyson
maeghanalyson replied the topic: Re:School or Baby?
hi there! i'm going to college right now! I am married and working and i still got a full pell grant for my school! talk to a financial advisor and see what they can do....you would be suprised!

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by bweber
bweber replied the topic: Re:School or Baby?
being a single mom can have benefits, like getting student loans or scholarships because you are a single mom, schools love to help single parents get through school....so just find out if ur school has such programs....good luck...

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by SweetTea
SweetTea replied the topic: Re:School or Baby?
Hey!

My name is Rachel and I'm part of the StandUpGirl team.

I'm 20 years old, and I have a daughter who is 3. I had her when I was 16, and got my GED then and started college right away.

I always planned on going to medical school and becoming a medical doctor. It was what I knew all of my life that I wanted to do. When I got pregnant, I couldn't figure out how to fit that into my dreams. I couldn't see how it would work out... but everything has worked out, and it has all ended up so much better than I could have imagined. My life has changed so much, and I have been so blessed.

I ended up changing my plans some because I found a different program that I'd rather do (getting my Ph.D. instead), and I can still do that. Just because you get pregnant and become a mother, does not mean that you can't have a successful future! There are so many women today that have amazing careers and make such a difference every day who go home to their children at night and continue their amazing career as a mother. There can be two parts to it!

I won't have my undergraduate work completed in 4 years like a lot of people do, but in 5 years instead. I've gone to school full time, but have taken off in the summers and managed my schedule around my job also. It's important to me to spend time with my daughter in the evenings and on weekends as much as I can. I know that I'm working hard to get my degree, and then to go on to graduate school. And then I'll continue working hard. It just may take a little bit longer. My greatest motivation to write killer essays and to do a good job on tests is knowing that in the end I will be able to provide for my daughter.

I know it may seem now like getting pregnant has ruined things for you, or like you can't achieve your goals now, or like you've let your family down. But I promise you that if you hang in there and keep working hard, even if you have to alter your plans a little bit, you won't let your baby down. Your family might be counting on you, but your baby is counting on you too.

Email me if you ever want to talk, Rachel@StandUpGirl.com

Hang in there, things will get better!

*Hugs*

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl