Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

My first appt. was BAD!

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by mommytoele
mommytoele replied the topic: Re:My first appt. was BAD!
Hi there. I am not sure how old you are, but since I was 15, when I got pregnant- (and gave birth)... the doctors were not so happy with me, you could say. Pretty much, they hate when teenagers get pregnant, which I can't blame them. Since, there is an innocent child invovled, However, my first ultra-sound was on my first doctor's visit- they wanted to see how far along I was, and how the baby was doing. My NOW 3 year old. Anyhow, if you feel uncomfortable with the doctor you have, you might want to consider changing doctors- or where you go. How far along are you, do you think? Do you have a supportive family and/or boyfriend, and do you go to school?

The doctor's sometimes, just want to know your goals, and such... =)

Nicki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by Kaileyamanda
Kaileyamanda replied the topic: Re:My first appt. was BAD!
my 1st doctor was totally like this! he acted like my boyfriend and i were stupid and just other teen statistics. plus- i didnt like laying on the table all exposed and stuff, so i tried to keep as little showing as possible and he goes \"well how did you get pregnant?\" i was super embarassed. then i changed and got an amazing doctor!

• breezybwe
10 years 8 months ago #3 by breezybwe
breezybwe replied the topic: Re:My first appt. was BAD!
your doctor had no right to treat you that way, he seemed to be bringing religion in with marital questions and that is not his business. and why he is waiting another 13 weeks is beyond me, i had a vaginal ultrasound that determined me when i was six weeks along. i would get a new doctor.

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by jessie_03_17
jessie_03_17 replied the topic: Re:My first appt. was BAD!
good news i found a new doctor! she was great i go back tuesday for my first ultrasound. they did my bloodwork and everything. she even made me excited about having this baby, and even told me to hang on to my boyfriend because he is obviously a good guy! i can't wait for the ultrasound, my boyfriend, my mom, my sister, and my boyfriend's mom will all be there with me. i will keep everyone posted!

More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by barbermama1
barbermama1 replied the topic: Re:My first appt. was BAD!
I had a bad experience with a obgyn 8 years ago. I was 18 and pregnant with my third child and started bleeding at work. I knew what was happening so I went to the hospital. They ran some tests and did a vaginal ultrasound and found no baby. The doctor came in and said you are having a miscarriage. Of course I started to cry even though I wasn't very far along it was still my baby.Then the doctor had the nerve to say before you start bawling you were very early into the pregnancy. My boyfriend(husband now) was right beside me and told him he better call security or get out of the room. You can imagine how the rest went down. Needless to say there are some very rude, nosy and heartless doctors out there. If you do not feel comfortable with this doctor I would suggest finding a new one. Havin a baby is a big deal and it helps if you have a doctor you really like. Trust me there are some wonderful ones out there.

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by goodluckyall
goodluckyall replied the topic: Re:My first appt. was BAD!
Well, that does put a different perspective on things. If that was your first appointment, you certainly have plenty of time to switch. Maybe you could ask around for a referral to someone with a good reputation. In my first answer, I assumed he was trying to prepare someone young (early teens) for the kind of questions to be expected, but if you're older, he's got your file with insurance, age, etc, so his comments sound like he was just being a jerk. Good luck in finding someone with a better bedside manner.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl