Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Does anyone feel overwhelmed doing this alone?

More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by funlovinmom11
funlovinmom11 replied the topic: Does anyone feel overwhelmed doing this alone?
What I really appreciate (especially during the holidays) is taking the focus off my personal crises and on my kids - their reactions to the lights and decorations, their questions about Santa and the Nativity, their exuberance over decorating and shopping! My 3 yr old daughter helped decorate the tree last night - I had to video her because she was dancing and flitting around singing along with the music, and showing me every ornament before placing them on the tree. It's a magical time that is SOOOO temporary, and I love the diversion from the everyday issues.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #2 by Melody04
Melody04 replied the topic: Does anyone feel overwhelmed doing this alone?
Thanks for posting this! I totally understand how you are feeling and am going through similar holiday stress! My daughter keeps me going too! My encouragement is the happiness I see around the holiday season

More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by funlovinmom11
funlovinmom11 created the topic: Does anyone feel overwhelmed doing this alone?
The holidays are so hard to keep going when you have to add the stress of finances, weather, relationships, etc to the burden of family, work, parenting! I try not to worry, because I know I can either pray or worry, but the feeling of drowning is bad this year! Anyone else needing encouragement and positive feedback like me? I am just putting my head down and plowing through this month, so I can get back to normal levels of stress in January! My kids are the reason I keep a smile on my face - they only know fear, anger, and worry by watching me, so I don't want to express them. I'm so grateful for the daily hugs, kisses, and loving compliments I get and give with my children - without them, how could I go on another day??? God knew what He was doing when He gave me my kidlets :lol:

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl