Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Acid Reflux in Newborns: Advice?

More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by Izzi
Izzi replied the topic: Re: Acid Reflux in Newborns: Advice?
that would have helped me so so much three months ago :), she's almost grown out of it now but I was dying for some nice practical advice back then, rather than just prescribed medication. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by kylies
kylies replied the topic: Re: Acid Reflux in Newborns: Advice?
hi,
nothing wrong with formula for reflux bubs but u may need a thicker formula. getting them on medication for the reflux with also help. try elivating your cots by placing phone books under the cot legs so its on an angle. i would also look at perhaps a dummy if u dont already use one. try feeding upright and dont change nappy straight away avoid laying on back after feeds after around 20min then try. hope some of this helps.

More
6 years 1 month ago #3 by Izzi
Izzi created the topic: Acid Reflux in Newborns: Advice?
Hey guys, my twins Elsie and Theo are about three weeks old and even though Theo cries, he's a pretty calm baby where as Elsie cries if she's not asleep, spits up after 50% of her feeding's and doesn't really seem like a happy baby.

They were born two weeks early, but that's pretty normal and fairly healthy for twins and didn't have to spend any time in the NICU. She seems to have something like acid reflux, but that usually doesn't become apparent till their about a month old so i'm a bit confuse to what it is or if there is anything I can do to naturally help it?

I'm using formula, as it's too difficult to breastfeed with the two of them, and I'm wondering if that's why? I'm taking her to the doctors tomorrow but my boyfriend is a fourth year med student and is pretty certain it's reflux. Any advice of what I could do to calm her stomach down a bit/ how I should feed her to minimalise spitting up?

Just generally confused, I don't want her to be unhappy

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl