Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

How did you tell your parents

More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by hippielove
hippielove replied the topic: Re: How did you tell your parents
I have not told my father yet. The way I told my mother was childish and immature. I wrote her a note explaining how I messed up once again, and went on explaining all the things that she has done for me that went unappreciated. I then left for about two weeks, and came back.
She didn't take it so well, since she does not like the father of my baby. She still isn't taking it well, pushing abortion on me hardcore./

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• meganelizabeth44
6 years 8 months ago #2 by meganelizabeth44
meganelizabeth44 replied the topic: Re: How did you tell your parents
I actually had to tell my parents through text message. I was living 3 or so hours away, and our phone was out of service. My mom took it super well, it went something like:
Me: Mom, i have to tell you something. it's important.
Mom: Like...?
Me: I'm pregnant.
Mom: Didn't watching Teen Mom teach you anything? How far along are you?

and that was it. my dad was a completely different story. It was more like:
Me: hey dad, I gotta tell you something, and it's kinda serious.
Dad: You better not be pregnant :( (yes, he actually put asad face)
Me: Actually, I am. You're gunna be a grandpa.
Dad: No i am not, not unless Jenn(my sister-in-law) is pregnant.
Me: No seriously dad, I'm having a baby.
Dad: You had better make an appointment to have an abortion, then.
Me: NO, I'm not doing that.
Dad: Fine, I'll talk to you later.

And we still aren't speaking.

I actually had a miscarriage a few weeks after this, but I don't/can't forgive him for what he said. I think I may be pregnant again, though. So I'm nervous for how my mom's gunna take it this time. Especially since I just had the miscarriage in December, a week or so before Christmas. Best of luck to you, though! Just be straight forward, it will make you feel better, and they'll respect you for having the courage to come out and tell them like that.

More
6 years 9 months ago #3 by CadyReeves94
CadyReeves94 replied the topic: Re: How did you tell your parents
I hadn't had a period but I really didn't think anything of it because my periods have always been real irregular. 2 and a half weeks ago I had morning sickness all week. My mom asked if there was any chance if I could be pregnant. (I've been with my boyfriend for a year and he sleeps alot and she also knew that I was in a sexual relationship with him.) I told her about how I hadn't had a period and so we went to the clinic. So my mom kinda found out for herself and was thrilled. I still have to tell my dad tho. He lives in Montana and I cant tell him over the phone or by msg, so I am going to wait until he comes down to Georgia for the week soon to see my grandparents. I don't know how he is gonna react so I guess I am in the same boat as you. Its scary but Im sure he'll be fine. Hope all goes well for you!
Love, Cady :kiss:

More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by mommaof1
mommaof1 replied the topic: Re: How did you tell your parents
I told my mum by giving her a birthday card with grandma on with a scan picture inside and suprise written in there. My mum already knew me and ryan were sleeping together so she wasnt too angry- she just made it clear to us that we had to support ourseleves and the baby

• Angeh
  • Angeh's Avatar Topic Author
6 years 10 months ago #5 by Angeh
Angeh replied the topic: Re: How did you tell your parents
Thank you girls so much! I will wait a few days, just after christmas and sit down with mum and dad and talk to them. You girls are so brave, especially being so young :) I wish you all the best xx

More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by GangY
GangY replied the topic: Re: How did you tell your parents
hei there, im Monika:O)

welll your parents were saying that you shouldnt have a kid before 25 simply because they had one in their teenage years, and they know how hard it is, and like all parents, they wanted to protect you.

i bought some teacups with sayings worlds best granma, and worlds best granpa. i was 18 at that time too, m mom was kind of disappointed but became supportive the minute she went to my US appointment and saw my babies move :)

i would just sit down with your parents and say, mom dad...we need to talk. thats the best way just tell them how it happened. they will probably be pissed at first-knowing they had a baby when they were even younger than you, but they will come around.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl