Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

toddler constipation

• Autumn
8 years 3 months ago #1 by Autumn
Autumn replied the topic: Re:toddler constipation
I only have a six month old but he has been constipated horribly, too. He keeps getting stomach cramps and he just cries! It's so heartbreaking! :( But I did try giving him MORE food... fruits and veggies... and he has responded well to that. Prune juice, apple juice, pear juice.... all seem to help speed up the process. Also, you can rub their belly or do a "bike" exercise with their legs to help them move along.

Good luck. ^.^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by gina lynn
gina lynn replied the topic: Re:toddler constipation
Hello. my son is almost three, and had the same problem when I started potty training him, but eventually got over it. try feeding her LOTS of fresh fruits and veggies. (But not bananas, they can make it worse) Also, cut back on the dairy, milk yogurt and cheese they will make it worse. be sure shes drinking lots of water, and maybe some watered down juice, but mostly water. I would definatly not continue with the potty traing until she's not been constipated for a couple months. wait until she's ready to potty train and make it a positive experience, so she wont be afraid and hold it in.

• Tokópa
  • Tokópa's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Tokópa
Tokópa replied the topic: Re:toddler constipation
Really? Interesting... I'll have to try that if it get's bad again. She is getting regular since I have stopped the cow's milk. But she would scream and cry when she couldn't have it in the morning so I just bought some soy milk.
Oh all she drinks is apple juice and water, that never did help her. It's also hard to feed your kid fruits and veggies when they are such gosh darn picky eaters! My fault though... when I was pregnant with her I didn't eat healthy at all.

Thank again :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by HappilyEverAfter
HappilyEverAfter replied the topic: Re:toddler constipation
Are apples a good source of fiber?

• JenLo
8 years 6 months ago #5 by JenLo
JenLo replied the topic: Re:toddler constipation
I know I'm a little late to the party, but the thing that my grandma always used (She had 11 kids and 40 grandkids so she ought to know!) is dark Caro Syrup. Just a big spoonful. I don't know why it worked but she swore by it!

• BlondieBabe22
8 years 6 months ago #6 by BlondieBabe22
BlondieBabe22 replied the topic: Re:toddler constipation
Does your child like fruits and vegetables. Honestly try apple juice, plums, prunes, anything that will start getting the GI system moving. Otherwise if nothing you have tried at home, if they don't work, talk to your doctor. My nephew, who is three, had that same problem and they put him on a long treatment of laxatives and different meds to get his bowels cleaned out. Now things are starting to look a lot better. So do what you can from being at home, otherwise talk to your doctor and see what they think you should try.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl