Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Hi Everyone - Scared!

More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by sexysimz
sexysimz replied the topic: Re:Hi Everyone - Scared!
hunny wen i got preggers with my son i was so scared but it did turn out oki,my sons dad isnt in the picture finacually or litrully there,the fears you have are so normal,i dremnt for sum time how i wontid things be different with me n the dad but at end day hun parents arnt always the best all round as they wud b unsaportive as ya mums prob trying get ova the shock still that her daughter is up teh duff,im 23 as well and trust your not alone i feel my parents belive im still a child,but everything will work out fine ull see your mum and dad will be grat grandpernats wen baby arrived,they say a baby brings loved ones closer,
good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MissKirsty
8 years 11 months ago #2 by MissKirsty
MissKirsty replied the topic: Re:Hi Everyone - Scared!
Everything you are feeling is completely normal.
It's too bad that your Mom is treating you like a child, that does make things a lot more difficult if you don't have her support.
You might want to take a little while and just get used to the idea that you are pregnant, or you might just want to tell your Dad right away and get it over with.
I know that it's really scary right now, but the baby will be totally worth it!
Keep us updated on how you're doing, ok?

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by emeraldforest//myheartbro
emeraldforest//myheartbro replied the topic: Re:Hi Everyone - Scared!
Hey Steph

Im so sorry to hear about your mom being so unsupportive, but Im glad that you are keeping the baby:) Maybe try talking to someone you trust, is there a Nurse or counsellor at your Uni you could talk to? Things will be tough but just try and take this one day at a time. Im sure that your mom will come around, maybe she just needs time? And as for your dad, I would sugest just telling him upfront and expressing your concerns.. maybe he will appreciate the honesty? Idk, but I wish the best for both of you. Keep us updated! <3
-Enya

More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by stephsinglemom
stephsinglemom created the topic: Hi Everyone - Scared!
I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and SO scared. It was totally unexpected and it happened right after I got out of a 4 year rel'ship with my ex (but the baby is the rebound guys - not my ex's). And long story short the Dad will not be in the picture - only financially, but I am basically a single mom. Its just really hard because all of a sudden I am thinking of my ex and wishing things were back to the way they were, but i really do want this baby, but other parts of me are scared because I have one year of university left and I am going to lose my social life. Are these all normal fears? I also have told my mom and she is totally unsupportive , I hate that because I am 23 years old and shes treating me like a child. I also have not told my Dad yet and am SO SCARED too. Any advice about how you all overcome the scared feelings? I appreciate it, xo.

Steph

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl