Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Depression

More
9 years 4 months ago #1 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:Depression
i had thought you were going through some tough things on myspace.
I hated the daily routine, i began to feel like i had no life. Baby sleeps, you clean up and then at it again.
Breastfeeding is very exhausting and you gave it your best so be proud of that. Being on formula doesnt mean that you are depriving her coz the formula out now is just as good.
I agree about the anti depressants OR have you thought about that natural medicine called \"St Johns Wart\"
That might be good too to boost you up.
Wait til she starts moving about and then youll be keeping busy! i love the floppy little baby stage but you cant do anything with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by alexanders_mama
alexanders_mama replied the topic: Re:Depression
Hey Sarah...people DO care and people do want to help you. You can talk to me anytime and I will always listen. And I do care.

My first thought is to be wary with anti-depressants, and see a counsellor first to determine whether you need them or not. Maybe even talking to a counsellor will help.

My heart goes out to you...I don't know what to say because I have just come out of a depressed stage right now...I really feel what you are saying, it's like every day you just heave yourself out of bed...but you CAN get through this, I finally am starting to, there is a light at the end of the tunnel; but to be on the safe side, it's best to go see a counsellor who will be able to help you, just having that person to lean on is so much easier.

I'll keep you in my prayers, and if you ever need to vent, don't hesitate to write to me, I really understand how you're feeling and I can really relate!

xo Kat

More
9 years 5 months ago #3 by Kellyafields3
Kellyafields3 replied the topic: Re:Depression
hey, girl, i totally understand how u feel because thats what I'm going through right now. My boyfriend and I are complete opposites. He's really strong to the point where he's cold. When I had my miscarriages, I felt indifferent about them didnt, I didnt show too much emotion. Then I found myself not being able to sleep at night. I would stay up for hours and dwell on all the mistakes I made and everything that had went wrong in the past. On top of that my boyfriend and I used to have major arguments. we lived with his mother so she saw and heard everything which was quite embarassing. Then I would cry about anything at the drop of a dime. What really hurt is that my boyfriend didnt seem concerned about any of it. I just feel so unhappy. I'm so unhappy that I don't know what would make me happy. I spoke to a psychologist, who I see once a week. It really helps. It's nice just to talk to someone who doesn't know you and won't judge. I'm still struggling everyday and it's really difficult. The part is the night when I can't sleep and my bf is getting on my nerves. The psychologist told me the best thing to do was make a change do something that you always wanted to do but never got the chance and stop feeling sorry for yourself. hope my advice helps. I know its hard for me and I can only imagine how hard it is with a newborn baby. p.s your daughter is beautiful!

More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by untbunny
untbunny replied the topic: Re:Depression
I have impatiently waiting for you to post an update. It is wonderful that you have found a bit of peace while waiting for Medi. Be aware that clinics are available for those waiting for insurance. Whould you need any assistance locating such a resource, please do not hesitate to contact me. Much love to you!! Blessings and peace.

More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by KylieAUS
KylieAUS replied the topic: Re:Depression
I know exactly how you feel. I was an absolute emotional mess after having my daughter. Like you the babys father was with somebody else, also a fact that didnt bother me until after she arrived. I would go to bed every night crying. Wake up crying. Spend the whole day crying and wishing the world would end. Wishing my life would end, reaching snapping point where i was either going to live or i was going to kill myself. Its a very scary place to be. I didnt want my baby, and even started adoption counselling. Things were far from the rosy picture people keep telling you motherhood is supposed to be. Get yourself some help asap...id hate to hear things getting worse (though im here to chat if they do...talking is better than bottling it up which just makes you feel worse).

More
9 years 5 months ago #6 by SarahSmiles
SarahSmiles replied the topic: Re:Depression
Thank you both so much, you have helped me more than I thought possible. Your words have helped me sort through my emotions and come to terms with them. I'm currently trying to get a hold of medicaid, they have yet to send me my card and until they do I cant get any medication.
It could take weeks.
I'm doing my best to stop this feeling from swallowing me up and taking over my life. I have to stay strong for my daughter. Its easier said than done when so little can make you smile.

Once again, thank you for everything.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl