Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

name change

9 years 4 months ago #1 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:name change
sounds like she means the babys dad.
You dont have to have the daddies last name BUT i think dont count me on that but i thought that to change it you had to have both parents agree on the change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #2 by Meg11
Meg11 replied the topic: Re:name change
Hey there, My name is Meg, I saw your post and I am slightly confused. Were you raped by your father or was it your boyfriend/baby's dad? Are you referring to not being with your father/baby's dad or not being with your son at the moment? Sorry to ask these questions but depending on the answers I would give you different feedback and advice. First thing is this, if you were raped whether by your father or the one who got you pregnant you have rights, have charges been pressed? There is no reason why you should not be able to change yours and your sons last name. I think you should talk with a rape advocate, someone who has either been raped or has had much experience with counseling rape victims. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders but it is always good to run these types of questions by someone who has expertise in healing after this type of violation, I do want to say that I am proud of you for keeping your son and being a true Stand Up Girl in the face or very poor circumstances...call this number 1-800-656-HOPE, it is Rape Abuse and Incest National Network...you can speak with a counselor and they may be able to help you find some local resources for further counseling and assistance...I wish you well and I hope things turn out for yours and your sons best interest...I am here anytime...Love Meg, meg@standupgirl.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #3 by jona
jona created the topic: name change
I was raped by my dad and got pregnant now I want to change my last name and my sons last name because it his dads last name but I cant right now.I dont think I could live with having to call him by his dads name and writing it.Can I legally change it and I have to wait a few years because at the moment i am not with him but will changing it traumatize him or anything.I wonder should i keep it as a last name or middle name or erase all traces of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page


StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl